Fearless Gardener's Tip #013
Many benefits can be gained by using a good Potassium Silicate product in your feeding program. Increased tolerance of environmental stress, heat, cold, drought, water and soil toxicity or deficiency, improved growth rate both in the root zone and in the plant it foliage.
Potassium Silicate helps plant growth by depositing itself in epidermal cell walls, enhancing the plant’s ability to keep the leaves pointed towards the light source. It also increases the stem strength, making it easier to hold up more weight. As the plant builds itself up with Potassium Silicate, it helps with balancing nutrient uptake and distribution and increased concentration of chlorophyll and RUBP carboxylase in leaves.
It is most effective when used throughout the plant’s entire lifecycle.
Growing with Potassium Silicate
• Enhances chlorophyll production which results in healthier and greener looking leaves
• Helps to improve resistance to environmental stressors! Plants grown with silica have increased resistance to extreme temperatures and drought conditions.
• Helps to strengthen cell walls which allows your plant to support the weight of bigger buds! Stronger cell walls mean bigger stems which help to transport nutrients, this results in more growth.
• Studier, greener, and larger plants
• Increased resistance to heat, cold, and drought
• Improved yields
• Increased nutrient uptake
• Increased resistance to pests and pathogens
Potassium Silicate can help improve resistance to pests and pathogens:
• It can reduce the threat of powdery mildew by building up a mineral barrier which makes it difficult for pathogens to get inside your plant
Looking for a high-quality silicate product to add to your feed program? Check out Fearless Gardener Brand's - Protector [0-0-3] tagged in this post!
* Note *
Always keep an eye on your pH when growing with Potassium Silicate as it raises the pH of your nutrient solution